How To: Import users & financial data from Smartlaunch
Posted by Panagiotis Mantzouranis on 16 May 2017 05:22 PM
GIZMO Importer Tool
Gizmo importer supports:
- Gizmo v1 databases
- Smartlaunch 4.1 databases and newer
- Excel file
- You can choose to import one of the two databases or both at the same time.
- Importing a Gizmo v1 database to an existing v2 database is not possible. Import is only available into a new database
- When importing both databases at the same time, common data such as Usergroups, Host Groups, billing rate profiles etc are merged, with data from Gizmo given a higher priority.
- A number of Gizmo v1 settings are not stored in Gizmo database and therefore not imported. Such settings are the Gizmo subscription account, network settings, user storage paths and general shell settings. After import, review server settings to verify correct migration
- All users imported from Smartlaunch are locked and have no password. Customers must enter a new password at first login.
- Smartlaunch Employees imported do not have passwords set. Login with Gizmo default account (admin/admin) and set new passwords for each.
The importer is part of the Gizmo Server Configuration Wizard
- Click Next to begin Migration procedure
- Select source databases to migrate. Import of a Gizmo v1 database can only be performed into a new target database.
Gizmo v1 Database:
- Importer will try to detect your Gizmo v1 installation. If it succeeds, it will autofill source database path and credentials.
- You can manually locate the server.gsf file inside Gizmo v1 settings folder.
- Select Smartlaunch database type and location
- Enter default VAT percentage used. If product prices in Smartlaunch DO NOT include VAT, uncheck checkbox
- Since version 4.8, Smartlaunch encrypts the DB. Use this tool to retrieve the MS Access password. Link
- Enter Gizmo target destination details (database type, credentials etc). Make a note of the database name in order to configure it again in the Gizmo Service Configuration Wizard.
- Verify that all the information is correct and press next to proceed with the DB creation