In order to modify the default skin (or any other skin) you will need Blend for Visual Studio 2012 and the source code of the skin.
Download & Installation:
- Download and install Visual Studio Professional 2012 90-day trial http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng#downloads
- Download and install Visual Studio 2012 Update 3 http://www.microsoft.com/visualstudio/eng/downloads#d-visual-studio-2012-update
- Download and install Github for Windows http://windows.github.com/
- Register a free account in Github for Windows and add these repositories https://github.com/GAMP?tab=repositories by clicking on the "Clone in Desktop" icon inside each one.
1st time configuration:
- Navigate to your GitHub folder (default "User Documents\GitHub"), open SkinBase folder, right click SkinBase.sln - open with Blend for Visual Studio 2012
- Inside Blend, press ctrl+shift+B to build the project
- In the project panel, navigate to Skinbase\windows\ClientInterface.xaml. Double click to Edit. Switch to code view (press the <> icon on the right scrollbar), scroll to "Engine:LocalizeDictionary.DesignSearchPath" . Change path to your Gizmo Server Language folder. You can copy the language folder from your excisting installation if you are working on a different pc
- press ctrl+shift+B to re-build the project
You are now ready to start tweaking the skin.