Gizmo includes an automatic system to delete files/folders on the target partition in order to create the necessary space before any automatic deployment.
- Gizmo calculates the total size of the deployment profile that is about to deploy.
- Gizmo checks for empty space on the client equal to the size in step 1.
- If the empty space is on the client is less, Gizmo performs the following:
- It gathers usage statistics of all the deployment profiles present in the Gizmo DB. Based on the total hours played for each game, it sorts deployment profiles from less used to most used.
- Deletion of the less used deployment profile is performed, then the available space is recalculated. If the empty space is still less, gizmo deletes the next less used deployment profile target dir.
- The process is repeated until the empty space is equal to step 1, or there are no more deployment profiles to delete. In that case, a "not enough disk space" message will appear on the client interface.
To enable the automatic empty space creation in gizmo, check the "Allocate free space" option in Client Settings.
Optionally you can configure Gizmo to delete extra space during the procedure.
Note: If, for example, Gizmo is trying to deploy a profile on the D partition, it will only delete folders on that same partition.